RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still on the Move Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:58 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Still on the Move Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:58 pm Reply with quote

As Brandon mentioned in his post last night, we had a strange encounter with the management of the Log Cabin Inn in Ten Sleep. Our plan on Wednesday was to get a room at the Log Cabin Inn in the evening. When we got to the innkeepers' office, we discovered there were no vacancies. At that point we were faced with having to find another place to stay. So Brandon sat down in the driveway and pulled out his laptop to check for any other nearby places to stay. While he did that I went into a nearby building marked as a 24 laundromat to use the restroom. The restroom door didn't lock but had bathroom stalls with shower curtains as doors. I was in the stall when I heard the outer door open. To my shock the shower curtain was flung open; the innkeeper was standing there screaming at me to leave. To say the least, I was quite stunned. The building appeared to be a public building, but the innkeeper ranted that this was a private place and to get the *!?*! out of there. He then went on a swearing tirade. That was enough craziness for me--we immediately left seeking friendlier people and a new place to sleep.

Thankfully, friendly faces awaited us at an RV park in Ten Sleep. Some campers invited us to tent at their site. It was really cold last night--probably caused by our damp tent from the previous evening. However, the friendly people surrounding us were a huge comfort. In the morning the families made us a great breakfast while Maya drew us pictures to take with us. While talking to the RV park people we learned that an elderly couple had earlier gone to the Log Cabin Inn trying to get sleeping accommodations. The guy from the Log Cabin Inn flipped out on them before they could leave the inn. One word keeps going through my mind: CRAZY! The people at the Log Cabin Inn are now the #1 worst people that we have met.

After our breakfast with the RV people, we gathered up our stuff and were on the road at 11:00 a.m. Tonight we stopped in Manderson at the Hi-Way Cafe for dinner.

By the time of this post we had walked 37 miles. We are still on the move tonight. For several days Brandon and I have been toying with the idea of "doing a double"--which to us means walking all day and continuing on by walking through the night. We want to try to do another 50 miles before we stop to sleep again. The road we are on is fairly nice, and there is very little traffic at this time.

Bobbi Buckley posted a comment suggesting that the Log Cabin Inn encounter will make us better appreciate the good people who have helped us along the way. How true! Thank you once again to everyone for your support and prayers.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: