RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just The Facts Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:16 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Just The Facts Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:16 pm Reply with quote

As my mother posted last night, Brandon and I decided to try an "all-niter" last night. We're both pretty tired at this point, so instead of writing it up, let me just give you the numbers.

Time started: 11 A.M. July 27th
Time ended: 6:30 P.M. July 28th
Total time: 31 hours 30 minutes
Time moving: 26 hours 10 minutes
Distance covered: 103 miles
Open stores over the total distance: 1
Sidewalks slept on by Matt: 1
High temperature: 118° F
Low temperature; 40° F

So, we did over 100 miles over a two day period. It was awesome to do in the sense that it's something we'll remember for the rest of our lives, but I assure you that it was one of the toughest experiences both mentally and physically that either one of us has ever had to deal with. It makes 36 miles a day seem so easy in comparison. It would drag for hours, and you'd have to battle through coming close to falling asleep on your feet. Still, we made it, and that's what is important. hopefully we'll get enough sleep so that during our Free Beer & Hot Wings interview we won't sound like a couple of zombies. To that end, it's time to get some much-desired shuteye. So keep watching, but don't expect any more 100 mile extravaganzas.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: