RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heading for Boise Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:48 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Heading for Boise Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:48 pm Reply with quote

Last night we slept along the roadside as we were quite far from any town or people. Our night under the stars was quite cool - we felt like cowboys.

Brandon and I walked 35 miles today to get to Mountain Home, Idaho. Along the way we saw no businesses and very few houses.

Right now we are at WalMart in Mountain Home. This WalMart has been our all-purpose store today for dining, repairs, and entertainment.
Repairs. We repaired our stroller handle again today. In our last attempt we tried to fix it with hose clamps and electrical tape. Today we bought metal, wrapped that metal with duct tape, jammed the wrapped metal in the broken tube for the handlebar. We then applied epoxy around the crack and let it dry. After it was dry, we sprayed another layer of epoxy and immediately put duct tape over it. Once again, duct tape has come through to get our stroller on the road again.
Dining. For dinner I bought mashed potatoes, macaroni, chicken/cheese wrap, and Gatorade.
Entertainment. As we ate our newly acquired dinners, we sat and people-watched. Interesting, quite interesting.

My mom made us a hotel reservation in Boise for Thursday night, and we want to get into our room as early as possible. So, Brandon and I have decided to start walking to Boise tonight. We probably have 40 to 44 miles before we get to the hotel. To keep us awake, Brandon and I bought some high caffeine energy drinks. What is so important that would make us decide to travel through the night? There are several reasons. First of all, we really need to do laundry as our clothes were last washed 2.5 weeks ago. Second, we need to do some business things on the computer. Third, we need to get some sleep, of course. And, the most important reason: Brandon will get a chance to watch his beloved Packers play the Chargers in a preseason game.

Well, we're ready to start down Interstate 84 headed for Boise. Goodnight from Idaho.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: