RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full Recovery Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:56 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Full Recovery Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:56 pm Reply with quote

La Quinta. Say it out loud. Isn't it just fun to say? You have to have the Spanish accent. La Quinta. Well, that's where were staying tonight, so I figured other people would like saying it as much as I do.

It's a very nice hotel and we got a huge discount from Lynda, who checked us in. She was a great help, and very intuitive. We came in with the stroller and before we asked, she made sure to get us a room on the first floor with a handicap accessible door so we could fit the stroller in it. She also was familiar with the roads we'll be taking the rest of the way and used to live only miles away from our planned destination.

Aside from Lynda, we didn't really meet anyone today. We lounged around our hotel room and went to sleep after our radio interview, taking full advantage of the 12 o' clock checkout time. We got to get a little tour of Boise, which was a really nice city from what we saw of it. We were able to take a great bike path along the Boise River which actually turned out to be a shortcut.

We stopped at a 7-11 and I got a huge banana slushie to keep me cool along the way. It was delicious. After the slushie we stopped at another gas station (when there is an abundance of place to stop, we take advantage) and got some ice cream sandwiches. In case you're wondering, no I didn't learn my lesson from the puking incident two nights ago.

From there we didn't stop very often and were able to get 32 miles in before getting into Caldwell and stopping at the hotel. Our room had a microwave so I ran across the road and grabbed some hot pockets and microwave burritos for our dinner.

That's what happened today, but there's one thing I can't neglect to mention: this business of girls wanting to go to dinner with us. Of course it seemed like an outside possibility that our embarking on such a long and arduous journey would make us more desirable to the female sex, but i had no idea they would actively seek us out and suggest that we meet with them. This is an incredible discovery. I think if the girl in question is as "smoking hot" as the description said she was, Matt and I might have found a way into the forbidden city (Seinfeld). You don't have to look good to get dates; just do something insane and girls will flock to you.

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe we should take Matt's suggestion and auction us off for the charity. We could make at least $5 I'm sure. With that 5 bucks we could buy a case of water and send it over to Africa. I think Matt and I would be willing to sacrifice being take out to dinner by some hot girls for that.

I know I'm making a pretty big deal out of this girl thing, but anyone who knows me should understand.

I should really get to bed, so goodnight everybody.

Brandon

Post Comment | View
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: