RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We need a new logo! Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:46 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: We need a new logo! Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Well, I came home yesterday and worked pretty on the site until I I went to bed. So, it's basically done. All that's left is to make image gallery and get a new logo. But we'll get to that in a minute

First I want to send a special "thank you" to James Smith, for guiding me through the treacherous maze of phpBB coding, and basically setting up the main page for me. Thank you James! He's currently working on a web system that will allow athletes to track and monitor their performances online. Groundbreaking stuff, we hope to use it during The Run.

Ok, now to the business at hand: a new logo. We need a new one, but they're tough to make due to the way this page is set up. So, I'm asking for submissions. What do you get if you win? Why, a free RunAcrossTheUSA.com t-shirt, that's what! That's right, if you produce a logo that we decide to use on the website, we'll send you a free t-shirt for your support! (If for some reason the t-shirts aren't made, you'll receive $15 instead.)

The logo should include the Run Across the USA logo, and I would prefer it to include our motto as well (See Matt. See Brandon. See Matt and Brandon run. Run, Matt and Brandon, run.) Beyond that is up to you - but remember that page loading time is a factor!

So, send in your logos. I would recommend that you download the site locally first, so that you can see how it looks when inserted into the site. It's a bit tricky, so make sure you set it up correctly or it won't work.

Beyond that, I hope you all enjoy the new site. It's still got a couple bugs and areas that need work, but it's a huge improvement over the last version. So enjoy, and stay tuned for bigger and better and improvements in the next few weeks!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: