RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spending the Night in Lancaster Fri May 27, 2005 8:00 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Spending the Night in Lancaster Fri May 27, 2005 8:00 pm Reply with quote

Today was a tough one for me. Last night was uncomfortable in the tent--at first it was very humid and then it was very cold--probably around 40 degrees. Good sleep was elusive and when morning came, we awoke to a tent dripping with moisture. I am not sure why, but the toughest part of the day involved running. One of my legs was quite sore, and I tried to run on just one leg. Now that was a challenge! I will switch to another pair of shoes tomorrow to see if that makes my leg feel better.

Our new speedometer came with a thermometer; today it reached 99 degrees! Anyways, Brandon is faring better than I am at this point. Brandon says "Hi" to everyone.

We made it 28 miles before stopping in Lancaster, PA. A very nice couple has agreed to let us spend the night on their lawn. In fact the lady gave me ice for my leg, offered to let us take showers, and cooked us some scrambled eggs. We are meeting generous people along our route.

I hear people are checking out the Web site daily. Thanks for all your interest. Tony will be posting some pictures for us soon. Our problems with Internet access continue; however, we are seeking other options.

We expected to see many Amish people in the Lancaster area. We have seen a few; in fact, we saw several Amish boys in a Cingular store! We were surprised to see a huge mall and many stores in this area.

This is all for tonight. We are very tired and hope to get some good sleep tonight.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: