RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Greensburg Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:43 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: In Greensburg Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote

Our day started off with friendly conversation and humor. The guys from the "Free Beer and Hot Wings Morning Show" (Grand Rapids, Michigan) interviewed us around 7:30 a.m. The announcers--Free Beer, Hot Wings, and Eric Zane--were fun to talk to and encouraging. Apparently some people back home read our post last night and looked up the Web site for the radio station (www.wgrd.com). When I called home tonight, I learned several people had listened to the live broadcast--via streaming audio on their computers. Brandon's mother even figured out how to record the broadcast using her computer--that's cool!

The lady we stayed with last night was friendly and fed us ham, eggs, toast and coffee for breakfast. Those of you who know me realize that I don't normally drink caffeinated beverages, but I didn't want to seem ungrateful so I put LOTS of milk in the coffee. A homecooked meal was a treat, and her thoughtfulness was appreciated.

The kindness of many people was evident today. The rain was heavy and many people stopped to offer us a ride. One couple who volunteered to help ended up talking to us for awhile about our trip. The man and his wife are planning to bicycle across the U.S. this summer. They were very encouraging and gave us money to use as we travel.

After walking 34 miles, Brandon and I are enjoying the comforts of a hotel room tonight. My leg is feeling better each day, and a night's sleep in a bed will improve it even more.

Our Internet access is still via our parents. We are working on getting the Ogo up and running. Rumor has it that Tony will unveil some changes or additions to the Web site next week. We aren't sure what he has in mind, but we appreciate his help.

We have run/walked over 330 miles of our RunAcrossTheUSA.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: