RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Pekin, Il Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:07 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: In Pekin, Il Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:07 pm Reply with quote

First of all, we made 42 miles today and are in Pekin, IL.

We haven't been able to read any posts today as we have had no Internet access. My mom tells me several of you have posted. Thanks for your encouragement. For those posts that require a response, we'll try to do that in the near future. For now, our parents have to post and relay messages to us.

My mom is working on getting t-shirts out to people who have ordered on-line. Please be patient as she needs to get some things fixed before she can complete the orders.

Today we went over the Mackinaw bridge. For our friends in the Upper Peninsula, let me clarify that it is a bridge that crosses the Mackinaw River in Mackinaw, IL. It's definitely a lot shorter than the bridge that connects the two peninsulas of Michigan.

The heat caused us both to be quite tired--and at times a little dizzy--throughout the day. Our "Strollometer" was reading 110 degrees. The heat and exercise force us to rehydrate by drinking lots of water during the day.

Brandon bought 10 hotdogs and 8 buns for our lunch today. We ate all of them for a cheap $3 meal.

It's 10:30 at night, and we still aren't where we plan to stay tonight. We met a man and his son at a gas station in Mackinaw earlier today. Mr. Fryer offered to let us stay in his 25 ft. Chicago Bears bus. He says it is air-conditioned and that sounds VERY good to us right now. He is coming to pick us up at Wal-Mart.

That's it from the middle of Illinois.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: