RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just west of Paton Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:39 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Just west of Paton Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:39 pm Reply with quote

Well it's Friday night, we did 31 miles, and once again we've managed to find a free meal and a warm bed to sleep in. But let me fill you in on the day's events before I get to that.

We got up late this morning - after 7 o' clock, which is pretty late for us. Our first duty was to do our normal 8:30 a.m. EST check-in with the Free Beer and Hotwings show. They were funny as always, and really poked fun at Eric Zane for being concerned for us. We won't be on for the next two Fridays, but look for us to make a triumphant return on July 22.

However, our day with the media wasn't complete. At the request of TV 6, our local Upper Michigan NBC affiliate, Brandon's parents took some footage of us and asked some interview questions. Between those two events, my devouring of their continental breakfast, and saying goodbye to Brandon's family, we weren't on the road until 11 a.m. Still, our old saying applies: despite our late start, we still managed to kick some butt!

We didn't stop that much today, but we needed a bathroom break near Paton, Iowa. Failing to find a gas station or any stores in the town, we headed for Gus's Bar. Inside we were able to fulfill our primary objective, and make some unexpected friends as well. We met the Fields, who were nice enough to buy us prime rib dinners! They were awesome and much appreciated. They also said that we could stay in their lawn a couple miles down the road. After we finished eating our delicious dinner, we headed down the road to their home. Upon arrival, they extended their generousity even farther - they are letting us stay inside, and hot showers as well! It's so awesome to have a great place to stay, knowing we don't have to set up or tear down or sleep on hard ground tonight makes it like a holiday for us.

Well, right now I'm going off to get clean. It's great to have a nice place to sleep, and hopefully we won't have to use that dreaded phrase "despite our late start.." again tomorrow.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: