RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sleeping in Avon, South Dakota Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:39 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Sleeping in Avon, South Dakota Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:39 pm Reply with quote

It is always hard to get up and leave a nice comfortable bed in the morning. That was how it was again this morning; however, we finally got on the road at 9:00. Determined to get in some good mileage today, Brandon and I pushed ourselves down the road and didn't stop for five hours. By that time we were in Tyndall and had spotted a Dairy Queen. Neither one of us remembered ever eating at a DQ so we figured we'd try it out.

Later we encountered road construction, which meant "Hello, road tar." We got lots of tar on our shoes and stroller tires. We just figured we were resurfacing our equipment.

As we traveled along our route, a reporter from the Avon Clarion stopped us and asked for an interview. He is going to write an article for the weekly newspaper.

A quick note about Abby (see the post from July 3): Abby did not have any mud on her! And don't let Brandon fool you - there was definitely a connection there. Don't let Brandon's anti-romantic exterior fool you. Love is in the air!

We stopped at the A-1 gas station in Avon for dinner that consisted of a large pizza and Powerade. As we were leaving, a nice man offered to let us stay at his home which was just a couple of blocks away. So tonight we are at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Simek who also offered to let us take much appreciated showers. Before going to bed, we also watched some TV with them.

Both of us are feeling great and could probably walk double the miles if only there were more hours in the day. Today we ran/walked 39 miles before calling it a day.

My time passed nicely today as I listened to Adventures in Odyssey on my MP3 player.

Good night from Avon, South Dakota.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: