RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2000 Miles Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:12 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: 2000 Miles Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote

Yet another milestone has been reached. Not only did we set a single-day record with just under 47 miles, we have made it to the 2000 mile mark overall. We were very tired, but really excited to reach such a milestone. This means we are approaching 2/3 of the way done and are feeling great.

It's so great to be relaxing with Matt's parents tonight. We had a great dinner buffet and stuffed ourselves with steak and ice cream. Now we're at the hotel with barely enough energy to do anything but sleep.

Today we got a great start after a great breakfast with the Fishers. We were on the road before seven and went until noon before we stopped in the town of Upton, the self-proclaimed "Greatest Town on Earth." We ate lunch at a gas station and I had the pleasure of drinking something I hadn't had in over a decade: Sarsapirilla. It's still as good as I remember.

Something notable about today was the frequency of stops by people who were worried about us. I think I'm going to like Wyoming if all the people are as nice as those who stopped. A family from Chicago on their way to Montana stopped and gave us some money for lunch and some cold drinks. We had to turn down a man in Upton who offered us lunch at his house because it would have been too far out of our way. We appreciated his offer none-the-less.

Just when the road was getting monotonous and desolate, the Miniches stopped by for one last visit on their way to Devil's Tower. Their timing was impeccable as they provided us with cold bottles of water when we needed them most. After saying goodbye, not more than a mile down the road Matt's parents surprised us by showing up hours before we expected them. The fresh fruit and powerade they brought really hit the spot and propelled us the rest of the way.

We did a little bit of our mileage on the interstate today. I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Matt's mom was able to gain us special permission from the Wyoming police to walk on these otherwise illegal roads.

I am very tired, and we have our radio interview tomorrow at 6:30 our time. That's 8:30 eastern and 7:30 central. I'll probably discuss the upcoming bracelet sales.

Goodnight,
Brandon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: