RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We're alive Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:07 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: We're alive Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote

Here we are at the Meadowlark Resort Restaurant, nestled within the beautiful Bighorn Mountains. As Matt's mom said, we were unable get cellphone service until late this morning, so even our parents were unaware of our situation. The service we got was bad and lasted only a couple minutes, so when I found out that this restaurant had internet access, I jumped at the chance to clue everyone in on us.

For the first time this entire trip it has been cold. We have been walking through rain and clouds the whole time, so we pretty much soaked all of yesterday and this morning. Last night we had a break from the cold wetness as we sat by the fire in a cabin with Angie and Ed, two youth leaders of a retreat that week. With them were Skyler, Tony, and Josh, three young men who were really interested in our journey. We had a great time eating and talking with them.

We set up our tent in the dark and rain, but thankfully most of our stuff was spared from the drenching. It was very hard to get up this morning because of the raindrops falling on the tent, but we finally dragged ourselves out and hurriedly tore down the soaking wet, shoving it in the stroller with everything else and vowing to take care of it later.

The climb up and up finally ended as we reached the 9666 ft mark going through Powder River Pass. We were so excited to reach the summit and it has been downhill from there.

Well, my burger's ready and I'm starving, so goodbye.

Brandon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: