RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Me Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:52 am

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Me Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:52 am Reply with quote

It's me again. I'm ecstatic right now because one of my classes got cancelled today, so I figured I'd put the energy to good use

Here's an update on how things are going for me (and Robert).

Robert has still been unable to contact his family back in Kenya. As far as they know, he could be at the bottom of the Atlantic right now. Yesterday I introduced him to the wonderful world of American retail with a trip to Meijer. He was pretty impressed with the abundant crap that's available.

I was able to fashion a bird feeder out of a milk jug and a few writing utensils. The birds haven't found it yet, but I'm sure they'll be swarming it in a few days.

Sorry this post is so boring. I'm just trying to get in the habit of posting so I'll be ready when I have something interesting to say.

Anyway, right now in Track we're tapering a little bit. We're doing more intense, shorter workouts and the mileage is only at 50 for this week. I've been feeling pretty good lately. On Tuesday I got up at 6:30 to run 4 and did a 10 miler that afternoon at about 6:45 pace, which felt pretty good. We have a pretty big meet this weekend, but the circumstances might not be too pleasant. Getting on a full bus at 5:30 and riding for six hours isn't my idea of a fun way to spend a Saturday. I'm looking forward to running the 5k again though.

Well, that's where I am. Not that anyone cares or anything.

I'm done,
Brandon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: