RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hackers and more!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Hackers and more! Reply with quote

You may notice that our forums and main page have been down for the past few days. That is because on the September 19th a hacker got into our forums and basically messed them up. Between that and me trying to fix them they were effectively wiped out. Thankfully, I was able to find a copy of all of the old posts through a filed saved on Google. So, I just spent the last few hours setting up a totally new forum and copying and pasting all of our posts into it.

Sadly, I don't have the comments- they only exist in hard copy form at my house back in Wallace, and even if I had them here I don't think I'd want to spend the days it would require to type them back in. I am pretty annoyed at the whole situation - I mean, who hacks a website whose main promotion is raising money for African children? Well, apparently a hacker that goes by the manly pseudonym "Dark Mare" does. While I won't bother going into all the details of my anger, let's just say that only now are wild thoughts of revenge starting to leave my mind.

The archives still won't work correctly if you try to sort by month, and the final pictures aren't up just yet. I know that I've slacked big time, but doing this was at the forefront of my desires, even though it wasn't very much fun. =)

Turning from the annoying subject to a much lighter note: As of September 19, Run Across the USA has raised $5,577.02 for Water for Children Africa. Of that figure, $2,000 is from pledges from Free Beer and Hot Wings and their radio affiliates and $3,577.02 is from donations plus t-shirts and wristband sales. The money has been raised in an effort to provide clean water for African children.

Don't forget that t-shirts and wristbands are still available through our Website - pick them up now, someday they will probably be worth millions after the blockbuster movie and Nobel Prize winning book are released.

So, life goes on. The past few weeks have been interesting. I don't really play it up, but my hallmates feel the need to tell everyone that they meet about what I've done. That is pretty fun, and it does have a certain level of mini-celebrity. Classes don't seem difficult, but I think a lot of that has to do with my perspective of what "difficult" really is.

Well, back to school. Hope you enjoy our old posts, and I'm sorry about the comments.
rnsrye

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: glad you are back Reply with quote

Glad to hear from you Matt - don't be discouraged - you had some discouraging times during the run, and now this, but the money you have raised, and what you accomplished far surpasses ANY of that! I'm sure that I speak for many of us in expressing our pride in you and Brandon! Smile Keep us posted on your lives, and get those pictures up as soon as you can! Laughing
Oregon~Lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear from you Matt! I was very upset, too, when I saw that a hacker had demolished the site.

Over $5,000!! That's awesome! Can you tell us how much that amount of money can do in Africa? Do you and/or Brandon have plans to possibly take a trip to Africa?

Glad you are enjoying college. Have fun, and take care! Can't wait to see those final pics!
Bobbi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

It was so nice to hear the totals for now. I hope that it was worth it all for you. Glad things are going well for you as you return back to your life.

Bobbi
dallas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: shirts Reply with quote

will you guys be selling your shirts at school? (cornerstone)
angry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: idiot Reply with quote

To kpr4nojumq1a@home.com
You jerk, the site just gets hacked and you put up stupid spam, it's idiots like you that make the world a crummy place to live. Burn in hell.
WV Runner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Finish Photos Reply with quote

Will you ever post your finish photos?
sam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREE BEER AND HOT WiNGS ROCK!!!! 97.9 WGRD!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: