The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!
Joined: 22 Sep 2005
|Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:09 pm Post subject: MY Favorites Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:20 pm
|I'm a little frustrated now because I just spent about an hour compiling my own lists only to have them disappear when my browser refreshed. If it happens again you'll just have to go without. I had clever explanations for most of my choices, but now I'm just giving the bare lists.
In no particular order, except for the first one. Also, I tried to keep the genres diverse, so this probably isn't my official top ten list, but it's close.
1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy
2. Forrest Gump
3. Star Wars (Episodes 4-6)
4. It's a Wonderful Life
7. Big (just the toy store scene is enough)
8. Big Fish
9. Meet the Parents
10. Dumb and Dumber
This is basically a combination of the two categories, because it makes sense that my favorite bands will sing my favorite songs. I'll include a couple of my favorites from each band. I'll also include various other songs that I just like by bands I don't really care about.
1. Simon and Garfunkel - So many. "The Sound of Silence," "Bridge over Troubled Water," etc. Also includes Paul Simon w/out Garfunkel.
2. The Beatles - "Here Comes the Sun," "Hey Jude"
3. Herman's Hermits - "Mrs. Brown. . .," "There's a Kind of Hush"
4. Peter, Paul, and Mary - "Puff the Magic Dragon," "One Tin Soldier"
5. Johnny Cash - "Hurt," "Boy Named Sue"
6. Elvis - "Fools Rush In," "Return to Sender"
7. The Monkeys - "Sleepy Jean," "I'm a Believer"
8. CCR - "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?," "Who'll Stop the Rain?"
1. "Imagine" - John Lennon (This song deserves a category all itself)
2. "500 Miles" - The Proclaimers
3. "Rainbow Connection" - Kermit the Frog
4. "Build Me Up, Buttercup" - The Foundations
5. "Breakfast at Tiffany's" - Who knows?
6. "Fire and Rain" - James Taylor
7. "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" - BJ Thomas
8. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" - Judy Garland
9. "Unchained Melody" - The Righteous Brothers
10. "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" - Otis Redding
11. "What a Wonderful World" - Louis Armstrong
Favorite TV Shows
It may tell you something that over half of these shows aren't on the air anymore. (The O.C. Sucks)
2. The Andy Griffith Show
3. I Love Lucy
4. The Beverly Hillbillies
6. NFL Football
I love books. Used book shopping is one of my favorite things about living in Grand Rapids.
1. The Bible
2. The Chronicles of Narnia, Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters - Clive Staples Lewis
3. The Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger
4. The Grapes of Wrath, Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
5. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Hobbit - John Ronald Reuel Tolkein
6. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
7. Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn - Mark Twain (I know that's not the full title)
8. The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner (made the list because of the accomplishment it was to finish it)
9. The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
10. Alice in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Saw There - Lewis Carroll
Well, that's it. I'm positive that there are many I forgot in each category. Maybe I'll put out a supplemental list later on. I'm tired now, so goodbye.
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group