RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Future Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:35 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: My Future Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:35 pm Reply with quote

A lot of things have happened to me in the last week. Some were good, some were bad, but I think all of them are leading me to make decisions about my future.

The first significant thing I did this week was that I talked to the guy that heads up the missionary aviation program here at Cornerstone. He explained the program to me and now I know a little bit more about it. For anyone who doesn't know me, you might think that just talking is a pretty small step, but for me it's a huge step. The first bit of initiative that I show is almost a sure sign that things will start rolling pretty soon. This Thursday I am going to get a tour of the facilities, so I'm pretty excited. I haven't declared my major yet, but I'm pretty sure now that that's what I'm going to do with my life.

This past Friday, known as Good Friday, I was at a track meet. Yes, in case you're wondering, I do go to a Christian College, and yes, good Friday is the celebration of one of the single most important events in redemptive history and the basis for the Christian faith. Why were we running a track meet? That is a question that I cannot answer but it does make me question our priorities and whether I'll be on the team next year.

On the way to the track meet we got lost, making our arrival at the meet only 1 hour before the start of the 10k. Just as all the weather reports had predicted, it was about 30 degrees and a light snow was falling. By race time the snow started to pick up, and I stepped to the line with the 2 other guys that were running the race. The wind and the snow on the backstretch made it a little tough, but overall it wasn't bad and I PR'd by over a minute.

I spent Easter at a friends house hiking in the woods and enjoying some nice weather. Today it is 60 degrees out and beautiful, so I've spent most of the afternoon outside throwing different things like footballs, baseballs, snowballs, and frisbees. I'm enjoying it now because it's supposed to rain later in the week.

So that's me. I have practice now, so I'm going to run.

Brandon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: