RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner Sun Apr 03, 2005

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner Sun Apr 03, 2005 Reply with quote

Well, I have a new longest run, breaking my old record by 4 miles. I ran 20+ miles today, in roughly 3:04. My legs feel pretty good, and I was pouring on speed at the end with little problem. I can definitely tell I'm getting faster now that I'm in a bit more mild climate, and now that my body has once again become used to higher mileage.

This was my first week home, and it has been fairly eventful. It looks like I probably have at least one job lined up, and I'm also learning the ropes at eBay, as I auction off years of video games and assorted mementos.

I was experimenting with Microsoft Streets and Maps 2005, attempting to find the shortest route for us. I got frustrated when it started telling me to go through Canada, so I'm giving that a bit of a break.

Beyond that, there is little of consequence to tell. Today's run made me eager to begin our quest, which is about 50 days away.

T-shirts should be forthcoming. I contacted a local t-shirt manufacturer/distributor, just waiting for his reply.

Still hunting for the perfect lightweight tent and sleeping bag, within the next couple weeks I will have to take a day trip to Escanaba or Green Bay to browse, compare, and begin purchasing. If you happen to have either a lightweight bag or tent that you'd be willing to sell/give/loan to us, please send us an e-mail.

I am getting tired, and my legs are cold from the ice bath I just took. So I close with some reminders: brush and floss, eat your vegetables, say your prayers, check our website every day and buy at least 3 t-shirts when we get them in.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: