RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I think this post would qualify as a "snippet" Thu

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: I think this post would qualify as a "snippet" Thu Reply with quote

Just thought you all deserved a picture of our awesome stroller!

I did 17 miles with it today, not too bad overall. I loaded it with filled water bottles to simulate some weight, and it was difficult to even notice that the extra weight, although on rough roads it does become a bit more cumbersome. I'm sure I managed to convince half of the population of this area that I am a father - the looks I got from some people that drove by were priceless. Not that I can blame them, who would push a stroller around if there wasn't children inside?

I also set a PR for a new event called "the Trevor 400." I convinced Trevor, the long distance coach at Stephenson, to squeeze inside the stroller. Once inside, I shut him in, and proceeded to set a new record for the event, completing 400 meters on the track in 71 seconds, a feat I'm rather proud of. I was amazed that he fit inside, and the stroller isn't at it's maximum storage capacity yet (I need to remove the baby seat.) And, honestly, it wasn't terribly difficult to push him, even though he is about 140 pounds. That's comforting to know, just in case Brandon ever needs to take a break. =) In fact, there is so much room that we could probably have fit two Trevors, were he to have a twin brother or some other form of doppleganger.

Anyways, my new goal is to see if I can get under 65 seconds before we go. I see all sorts of events that could stem from this: relays, switch-offs, obstacle courses...a proverbial stroller olympics.

Well, I'm exhausted. Oh yeah, make sure to check out "Galaxy Song" by Monty Python. I just bought Monty Python and the Meaning of Life, and that is definitely the high point for me.

Final note: check out my eBay auctions if you happen to be nerd enough to be into vintage video games. The money you pay for the games goes to a worthy cause: me.

-Matt
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: