RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 days Fri May 20, 2005 7:22 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: 3 days Fri May 20, 2005 7:22 pm Reply with quote

Wow, it's hard to believe our trips is only a few days away. At 2 o'clock Monday morning we will be aboard our Greyhound bus and traveling for 31 hours to Atlantic City. Then the adventure starts (although the bus ride will be an adventure in itself).

T-shirts went on sale today and sold out before the sunset. It is amazing how much support we have been receiving. People have been paying extra for t-shirts and giving donations left and right. I just want to sincerely thank everyone for all the financial support, the encouraging words, and prayers. So many people have helped us that we'll really feel like jerks if we don't finish. So, thanks for the support and the accountability. (By the way, we are ordering a new shipment of T-shirts which will hopefully be in next week, so don't feel like you missed out, they're still available.)

Anyway, this past week has pretty much been a scramble for last minute items and essentials trying to make sure we don't forget anything. We packed up the stroller a couple times and everything fit with a little room to spare, so it looks like we won't have to drag anything behind or hire a sherpa. Even with all of the weight the stroller has handled suprisingly well in our test runs.

As for the route, it is still being molded and fine-tuned as we try to cut off every mile possible. I think it's something we will be working on even into the run as we have to adjust for road construction, road quality, etc. The route should be posted pretty soon, so if someone reading this has family in one of the towns we plan to go through that wouldn't mind two ugly, smelly, dishevelled, weary, and insane travellers paying them a visit, let us know. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Matt may post before we leave, but this will probably be my last post before the trip because of the busyness of my sister's graduation and last-minute acquisitions along with spending a little time with friends before we go. Thanks again for all the money, prayers, and any support in the future. The next time you read something from me we will probably be in New Jersey.

Brandon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: