RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From Jamaica Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:57 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: From Jamaica Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Hello once again! Finally I've got Net access from Jamaica, so I should be updating more regularly now. It's ironic, I've always had a 56k connection, growing up in a rural home. It took moving to a 3rd world country for me to get broadband. In any event, hooray for DSL.

I'll be prodding Brandon to get going on writing here as well, and we're still working on a phpBB version to update the front page with. I'll be on James for that one.

I began my training for The Run, I'm starting off real slow. In the mid-20's miles per week right now. I feel very motivated though, and I don't think it'll be a problem being around 70 miles per week when I return to the U.S. at the end of March. I train on a 1/10th mile stretch of road outside the apartment where I live. It can get a little boring, but if I let my mind just drift I find it goes by fairly quickly. I think I may have to locate a small radio player to run with for those 20 mile long runs though, or I may just go out of my mind. Someone could send me down those new $500 Oakley sunglasses that have an MP3 player built in, *hint hint*. Just kidding folks.

I don't know for sure what Brandon has been up to, haven't been able to talk to him since New Years Eve when I was home. He is supposed to be researching our exact route, I'll make sure to get that uploaded as soon as he has it done. He has a bit of a habit of procrastinating, but I'll try to crack the whip the best I can. Oh well, I'm sure he's busier than I am, with plenty of Halo to play. =)

I should have quite a bit of free time down here, so really expect to see some huge changes and updates in the pages in the coming weeks. My goal is to have the more-or-less final product out by the end of January, depending on how much free time my teaching schedule allows.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: