RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Arthur, Iowa Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:39 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: In Arthur, Iowa Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:39 pm Reply with quote

This morning Brandon and I were on the road by 8:00. When we got to Auburn, we found an Evangelical Lutheran Church with more than 45 minutes to spare before the service. With that cushion of time, we decided to go to a nearby store and buy cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk. We enjoyed our snack and a short nap at a small town park before attending the church service. The service was nice and the congregation was friendly.

On the road again, we headed to Lake View which has a state park and many people there for the 4th of July weekend. As we were hungry again, we stopped at a grocery store in Lake View. A girl named Abby was working there and Brandon actually talked with Abby. 4th of July came early for Brandon as sparks flew for the two of them. I think love is in the air! I will post a picture of Brandon and Abby as soon as I have Internet access again.

After Brandon said his goodbyes (for now), we took off down the road to try to hit our goal mileage. The time flew by - especially for Brandon with Abby in his thoughts!

We did 35 miles today and made it to the "downtown" of Arthur, Iowa, by 8:30 p.m. We knocked on a few doors before approaching the Smiths' home. They were both outside. When we explained what we were doing, they opened up their home to us. The Smiths are gracious hosts who gave us hamburgers, chips, and delicious stirfry. In addition, they offered us a chance to take showers and are washing some clothes for us.

So now it is time to retire to my comfy bed. I hope everyone has a great 4th of July. God bless the USA!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: