RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yankton Press and Dakotan Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:24 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Yankton Press and Dakotan Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quote

It's me again. I hope everyone enjoyed the pictures. In case you're wondering, we get so sweaty and disgusting that we're pretty much insuceptible to cooties, so I didn't worry about it. I figure with all the ticks, mosquitoes, and bacteria that are always on me, I'm invincible when it comes to any crawly creatures, especially cooties. I think Abby should have been more worried about my fleas.

Like Matt said, we got tons of stuff done this morning and last night and we were able to spend a lot of time talking with Matt's aunts, so we paid no mind to our late start. We really did have a great time with Matt's Aunt Susan and Aunt Mary Claire. Not only did they provide us with riveting conversation, but they brought some excellent fresh fruit and some cookies that were delicious. We snacked on them all day.

We pushed pretty steadily today with only a few stops, so we were still able to get over thirty miles. The conditions were great for us today: not too hot, flat, and the roads had HUGE shoulders that were easy to push on.

Our first stop today was Gayville. No, I'm not making it up; you can giggle and make all jokes you want. Not far down the road a man stopped and told us he was from the local newspaper and wanted to get a picture of us. Here is a link to the site, so by the time many of you read this it will already be up.
www.yankton.net

Later today in Yankton we ran into (not literally) these two guys who were biking the opposite way from Vancouver to Virginia. They were two brothers going off on an adventure and raising money and awareness for a charity that has to do with Alzheimer's. It was great swapping stories with them and would have been nice to spend a little more time talking, but we had miles to go and so did they. We swapped web addresses and parted ways.

One little bit of information we got from them was that the biggest Walmart that they had ever seen was located on the other side of town, about 4 or 5 miles away. With this to look forward to we started running and made great time through Yankton. We saw the beautiful Walmart sign and used our Walmart gift card from the fabulous people in Coshocton to buy some more running clothes and get dinner.

I'm sad to say we won't be talking to "Free Beer and Hot Wings" tomorrow because they are on vacation. We're gonna feel empty inside with out our routine friday morning call. Well, we have big plans for tomorrow, so I'm going to get to bed. Goodnight (or good morning, depending on when you check)

Brandon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: