RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top Ten Ways to Beat the Heat Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:40 am

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Top Ten Ways to Beat the Heat Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:40 am Reply with quote

Since right now our biggest enemy is probably the sweltering heat, I think it's about time we stood up to it and attacked it aggressively instead of just letting it push us around. No more "Yes sir, whatever you say Mr. 100 degree weather." We're going to take it on full force.

So here is the top ten ways to survive and thrive when you can't get out of the sun.

1. Drink water (duh). This really isn't an option. Without water, Mr. Heat will have his way with you. The more water you drink, the better.

2. When you're refilling your water, "accidentally" spill a little all over yourself, that way Matt can't get angry at you for wasting water, and you get a couple seconds of refreshment.

3. Think of penguins, glaciers, winterfresh gum, etc. Anything cold. Think about shoveling the feet of snow we'll get this winter and the string of below 0 days. If it doesn't make me cool, at least thinking of penguins will make me smile.

4. Wear a hat.

5. Take refuge in the shade of a nearby bale of hay and rest for a while.

6. If you're in a city, run from gas station to gas station and bask in the air conditioning for a few minutes at a time.

7. Get a sun umbrella.
Note: Do not buy such an umbrella from Dollar Tree. I had mine for a day and the metal started ripping out and poking me. But for that day, I had shade.

8. Dream about jumping off every bridge you come across, no matter how disgusting the water looks or if it's a 50 foot drop. Thinking about it doesn't help that much, but I've been tempted to do it plenty of times.

9. Buy an air conditioned RV and drive that across the country instead of being stupid enough to run.

10. (My Favorite) Act like the heat doesn't even bother you. Shrug it off like it's nothing and then the hot babes will fawn all over you and you'll forget about how miserable you are.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: