RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site Revamp Thu Jan 15, 2005 9:30 am

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Site Revamp Thu Jan 15, 2005 9:30 am Reply with quote

It looks like my post was a bit premature. Still don't have DSL in my apartment. I guess there is a hold up getting a DSL modem. It's enough to drive a nerd insane. So I'm uploading the new version of the website from the school where I work. Getting on the Internet here is generally pretty rare, I had to come in on Saturday (my day off!) to get the new site set up. I'm actually writing this the night before I set this up online (it's Friday night as I write this), because I know my time on the Net will be very limited.

Life here has been good besides the lack of DSL. Teaching has been pretty good, it looks like I'm picking up an evening student from 6 to 8 a few days a week. This is more than just tutoring, it's actually teaching him three subjects that he needs to meet NCAA regulations to go to the USA on a tennis scholarship next year. That means I have to really budget my time to keep up my training, but I know I'll manage. Plus it means a little extra money down here, it should probably be about enough for me to cover my grocery bills.

As far as training goes, I did about 30 miles running this week, and about 10-15 walking. I feel good, but I know this is just the beginning. I still haven't talked to Brandon since New Years to see how his training has been going. This morning is the first real Internet use I've had in two weeks, which is a really long time for me. I've discovered a good trick is for me to write a bunch of e-mails ahead of time, and just send them when I get Net access, that allows me to spend more of my online time researching things and checking up on my friends.

By the way, to all my friends and family that are reading this: HELLO! I don't want to name names, because I know I'd leave a few people out. But you know who you are, and I'm glad you came to visit our little site. Make sure you post in our forum, especially if you see any mistakes with the site, even something as simple as a typo. I know it's a long time before The Run, but I'd still like to get a little forum activity!

Well, I think that's all I have for you today. I am working on the Image Gallery, but I need either Tony or James to set it up first. I'm also hoping I can get my mom to e-mail some scanned pictures to me for the site. I think I've managed to do pretty much everything I can do to get the site up, now the ball is in other people's courts: Tony, James, and Brandon...get going! Seriously though folks, look for Brandon's biography up within a week or two, and look for our Image Gallery and our Route to follow shortly.

Oh yeah, if anyone has any digital pictures of Brandon and myself, please post them in our Forum so that we can use them on the site! Have a great week everyone, I'll be posting as soon as I can!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: