RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I hate administrative stuff

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: I hate administrative stuff Reply with quote

We are just about 2 weeks away from the Africa trip and there's still a bunch of stuff to take care of.

Apparently when entering a foreign country other than England or one adjoining the U.S., there are certain procedures and forms that must be filled out. Matt and I are in the process of jumping through some of the hoops to getting a visa (which is a little nervewracking right now, because we've already spent over a thousand dollars on a plane ticket, and we don't want to spend three weeks in an Ethiopian airport.)

I'm actually watching a video right now of Matt and I in South Dakota from last summer. Oh the wretched memories of 100 degree weather and 40 mile per hour winds.

That's all for now,
Brandon

Last edited by Brandon on Tue May 02, 2006 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Courtney

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: US Military Run Reply with quote

Hey,
I don't know you, but I came across your site while running a search on google. I'm in the Army and am preparing to do a 900-mile military run with a couple of fellow Soldiers in a few months. I was hoping you could give me some tips on preparations, both physically and mentally. Clearly it's not 3200 miles, but this will be our first major run. Like, what did you do to prepare, what did you encounter while running, etc.
Courtney

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's SO nice to know that you are still out there - now, you won't be able to post from Africa though, will you, so those of us who pick up on your site again will have withdrawals when you leave again - right?? Smile I'm going to have to catch up on some of these details with Matt's mom at school tomorrow! Smile
Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: