RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dubai

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Dubai Reply with quote

Well, we are several thousand miles away from home, but we're not in Ethiopia yet. Brandon and I are still in transit, along with a fellow member of the Water For Children Africa team named Caiel. We ran into some...logistical issues in Washington D.C. that caused us to miss our flight, and we ended up spending the better part of a day stuck in airports. We flew to New York, and last night we flew from there to Dubai, a large city in the United Arab Emirates. We were originally supposed to fly out 3 hours after our arrival in Dubai, but since we missed that flight it was another 31 hours until the next one departed for Addis Ababa. We decided not to spend any more time in an airport and reserved a hotel room and hired a taxi to take us there.

We have had a pretty fun time so far, it's like getting to see a bonus country that we weren't expecting to experience. The people have been very friendly and the scenery is beautiful, although it is very, very hot. We have booked a trip on the "Desert Safari" tonight, which sounds like it should be fun. I am told that we get to ride camels and belly dance. After that we will be heading to the airport: we fly out at 4:35 AM local time tomorrow morning, after which we will be on our way to Addis Ababa to explore Ethiopia!
April

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Dubai Reply with quote

Hi from VA. Thank you for taking such good care of Caiel. He sounds good. It looks as if you three are having a great time. I will stay in touch through the website.
Sheila Rye

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Safari Reply with quote

Matt - here I am with your mom in the press box waiting for Regionals to begin - and we are NOT HOT! It is COLD and WINDY here - it's probably less that 50 and VERY windy! Smile You enjoy the heat for us! It's nice to hear from you, and as usual, you are turning anything and everything you do into an ADVENTURE!! Smile You both are in your thoughts and prayers - enjoy the journey!! Smile Laughing
sherry newlin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we hope all is well since we aren't able to talk to you. Amanda got 3rd in the 2 mile and 2nd in the 1 mile and 1st in the 2 mile relay. We are praying for you that God will help you to grow in your faith and walk with Him. I guess he is already doing that in light of what you have gone through so far. God's plans are not always our plans, but he will always be there to lead you along the way. Increase the kingdom through your example of Christ living in you. Sorry for the sermon. We love and miss you and really would like to hear from you if at all possible, even if it is only through email.
Love,
Mom
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: