RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Almost home! Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:52 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Almost home! Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:52 pm Reply with quote

As those who have me on their MSN Messenger list could tell you, I'm a mere 4 days from being back in the good ol' U. S. of A. However, this week very hectic, and I doubt that will change until I hop on my plane Friday.

This weekend I went and helped some friends move in and get set up, as well as help them with some computer issues. I ran 16 miles that morning, in some pretty intense heat. It's been much warmer here in the past 2 weeks, I'm glad I won't be here for summer!

Anyways, I got home late and slept in Sunday morning until about 8. Another person had asked me to do some computer work for them, so I had to run in the morning, which basically meant I was finishing about noon. I knew this would be a rought 16 miles, especially with the distance I had run the day before. So I took a gallon jug, and filled it with Kool-Aid and salt to keep me hydrated. That definitely made a huge difference, I honestly think I would've dropped without it. But I managed to finish, and a nice cold shower was more than enough of a reward for me.

One nasty side effect of spending about 6 hours running in blazing sun over 2 days is that I've got some moderate sunburn, a condition I absolutely hate. I've been burnt much worse that this before, but it still hurts, and the irritation drives me nuts. I'm hoping it will turn into tan by tomorrow, but we'll see.

Today was my final day of "normal" school, with tomorrow being our Sports Day. I had a wonderful day, as I was asked to be a chaperone with the honor roll students on their trip to the Palace Multiplex theater to see two movies: "Are We There Yet" and "The Incredibles." I haven't been in a theater since December, so it was awesome to just sit in a nice air conditioned building and relax. These were all honor roll kids, so there weren't really any problems. I was able to relax and enjoy the experience.

"Are We There Yet" played first, it is the latest Ice Cube movie. It wasn't that good, but then again it wasn't really my type of movie. "The Incredibles" was an excellent movie, a movie I am now searching for on eBay. I thought the animation was incredibly good, it has improved tremendously since I watched Toy Story as a kid. The action sequences were wonderfully done, and it was a good mix of humor and action. Fun for the whole family, two thumbs up, five stars, whatever glowing review you desire.

Well, I am going to bed. We have to leave early tomorrow to set up, so I need all the sleep I can get. Tomorrow will be a very, very busy day. Setup starting around 7, then watch kids all day, ceremonies etc., then tear down...makes me tired just to think of it. I'll have to make sure to bring plenty of sunscreen.

Oh, thumbs up to Brandon for posting more often. You don't suck at all, not even a little bit.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: