RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Family Rocks Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:54 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Family Rocks Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:54 pm Reply with quote

For the first time on our entire trip we are done before 6, so I thought I'd announce that and give all of you "early-checkers" out there a little treat with a bonus post.

The main reason we kicked so much butt today was because we finally got some some chicks to walk with us. It's too bad the chicks were my sisters and my mom, so they don't really count, but they definitely helped make the time go by faster. My little sister Amanda, heiress to Amber Smith's U.P. D2 cross country crown, was able to stick with us the entire 30+ miles. My other sister, Kristin, who isn't even a runner, but is pretty tough (she's my sister, so that's a give-in), hammered out over 20, and the rest of my family all walked at least five (even 8-year-old Josiah, who had to run most of the way and was only wearing flip-flops). Violet and Austin helped us complete a round of the alphabet game, which is tough when you're not going past many signs. My parents (Kevin and Sherry Newlin) probably would have walked more, but they were busy preparing food for us and sanitizing and sterilizing our putrid laundry, which hadn't been washed in weeks. I have to give them a lot of thanks for that, and for everything else. And just so she doesn't feel left out, and so everyone can see how big my family is, my older sister Ashley is in Illinois working to pay college bills, so she couldn't be here. She has helped out though and is looking into possible bracelets for us to sell. (btw, if there is a positive response to the bracelet idea, maybe we'll look more into it)

The miles went by so quickly as I talked almost the whole time (I'm a little hoarse right now.) I got to catch up on all the big brother duties I was missing out on and just enjoy the company of my family. Too bad they have to leave tomorrow, or this trip would go by a lot faster.

Well, this is a bonus post, and I have the pool waiting for me, so I guess that's it for now.

Brandon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: