RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index RunAcrossTheUSA.com
The place to comment on The Run, and read all about the adventures of Matt and Brandon!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Won't have to eat for a week Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:04 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Won't have to eat for a week Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote

Well, Brandon filled you "early checkers" in about the details of the day, so I'll spare you that. Major props to Amanda for making it the whole way, and for Kristin for going most of the way, too. Those Newlins are a hardy bunch, the whole family went at least a few miles. I raced Josiah for a while - he is going to be an awesome runner someday, he was leading the way in his flip-flops for a long time!

So we did 31, got back to the AmeriHost in Boone (Iowa), swam, and headed off to the Golden Corral for dinner. The Golden Corral is an awesome buffet-style restaurant chain that we've seen throughout Iowa, but this was the first time we had the pleasure of experiencing their incredible array of delicacies.

Basically we all ate far too much, led by Brandon and myself. I don't think I could have taken in another bite, and I still feel extremely full hours later. Right now we're uploading the pictures from the past two weeks, checking a few things while we still have Internet access, and watching the Homestar Runner cartoons we've missed.

We're trying to get some rest tonight, since we have our Free Beer and Hot Wings interview in the morning. We also have an interview to do for TV 6 in Marquette tonight. I guess Brandon's parents are taping it, and they'll dub over it later. Pretty cool to get some coverage back home!

Well, I need to go watch some more Homestar. Not sure when we'll be able to post in "the flesh" again, so goodbye for now!

Oh yeah, check out the new pictures on http://www.runacrosstheusa.com/images/6-30/ They won't be up "officially" for a little while until Tony gets around to it, but you can have a sneak peek. That's just how much I like you.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RunAcrossTheUSA.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: