Joined: 22 Sep 2005
|Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:02 pm Post subject: Yeah, I know I need a news archive Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:24 pm
|It's me again! I've been trying to work on the site most of the day, but I find that I've accomplished almost nothing. I spent hours trying to get the php news working today, until I was about ready to scream...and I think most people know I'm a very patient guy by nature, so it really took quite a bit to drive me nuts.
I didn't do the running I wanted to today, just got busy on the laptop. I wanted to do 10, 5 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon. Only did the 5 in the morning. So tomorrow morning I'm going for 5 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon, which means getting up at about 5:20. Oh well, that's what I get for slacking today. I think maybe an extra week at 30 miles was good though, I definitely felt better. This coming week I'm going for 37-40 mi range.
Well, I changed the background on these cells, I think it looks a lot better now. Not that quasi-teal color that every bathroom in the 1970's had. The logo looks beautiful, I wish I had better close-up pictures though. Those pictures were the only ones I could find of Brandon and myself online. Still looking for any pictures people have of us, send them in if you have them!
Brandon got me his biography today, it's online and ripe for the reading. I am still working on the news setup, and I'll start on the image gallery once I get a few more decent images. In the mean time, enjoy what I've done so far. Perhaps I'll even get Brandon to do a news post...eventually. Sometime before the end of the journey.
The other thing I have to discuss today is what to do concerning The Run. I come up with a lot of crazy (and a few rational) ideas, most of which I know are not going to happen. A reality TV show for example, or the movie that Brandon talks about in his biography. We are hoping to make a book however, but we'll see if our experiences play into that.
One last thing I wanted to talk about is my late fascination with awesome things that I want to do in my life. Here are a couple (in random order):
* Run Across the USA (duh!)
* Spend a week in O'Hare airport (Christmas 2006)
* Spend 2 weeks in Europe for under $1000 (summer 2007)
* Bike through the 48 contiguous states (maybe Alaska too? and take a plane to visit Hawaii sometime)
* Visit every continent (possible exception of Anarctica)
* Go skydiving (solo)
* Graduate from college
* Learn to ride a motorcycle AND become much, much better at manual transmission
* Get married to someone cool, and have my 2.5 kids
* Complete an Ironman triathlon
* Win any triathlon
* Never, ever, ever teach again after I leave Jamaica (just kidding, I hope)
* Never play a Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game again (Everquest nearly destroyed me!)
I'm fairly confident I could pull all of those off, though the bike one may be tough. These could be tougher:
* Own an island
* Get an A++ in Dance Dance Revolution
* Have a major magazine article about The Run, and/or a talk show appearance
* Write a book (I want this one badly!)
* Run a sub 16 5000m, a sub 4:30 mile, and a sub 1:59 800m
* Live to 100+
I think most people that know me, know that I set goals for myself with the ideal of accomplishing them, or give it my very best shot (800m school record, anyone?) So, give me five years and see what I've accomplished. I'd wager I'll have at least half of them down.
Wow, this thing is turning into a regular...blog. I've even forsaken my offline journal the past few days in favor of this. I guess I'm turning into a regular Tony Cappaert. Well, I have a morning run to do, so I better be off.
Until next time, remember - PHP sucks.