Joined: 22 Sep 2005
|Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:32 pm Post subject: Dock 44 Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:19 pm
|Matt and I stopped for lunch at a great restaurant on the Missouri river and were surprised to find that the restaurant had wireless internet. I don't really havea lot to say except that if you're ever on highway 44 and going across the Missouri, stop at the Dock 44 Restaurant.
It's not as hot today, so the going should be easier. We're wasting time right now, but I think it's worth it to sneak in a personal post. I was thinking about the "10 things I hate list" and figured maybe it wouldn't be a great idea. The other ideas are great, and just to give a special treat right now, I'll give:
Top 10 list of clues that you're going to have a bad day.
1. You wake up and get on the road and are already forward to sleeping that night (that happens a lot)
2. You have a flat tire before you even get on the road.
3. When you dream, you dream of walking, so even if you make it 10 miles in your sleep, you have to do it again when you wake up.
4. You break a sweat as you tear down the tent (even though it's 6:30 in the morning)
5. You turn to your left when you wake up and Matt is next to you
6. You turn to your right when you wake up and Brandon is next to you
7. There is about 2 inches of water trapped on the tarp underneath the tent and your sleeping bag has sponged up all the water it can hold.
8. You wonder why some farm smells so bad and you realize there's no farm for miles. (it's you; you the stinky one)
9. When your only comfort is a gas station 20 miles down the road
10. The alarm goes off